Saturday, January 14, 2017

Thumbs up!

With me driving around in one of the smalles car imagineable (and me being 1.89 and a thirty-something guy where most thirty-something people crave to drive around in bigger and faster cars) on the Dutch highway, my left mirror showed me the nose of a car remarkably resembling my own Green Hornet (actually, it was exactly the same type and color car). When the car drove past me, me and it's driver (a tall guy more or less my age) both smiled and gave each other a big Thumbs Up! What a fun moment, two people who are probably both more concerned about what matters in life and saving for better times instead of spending all day struggling to keep up with our ego's. That made my day!



The Mean Green Hornet Machine, what a beast to make it's appearance in your rear view mirror!

With me joining another mindfulness course it's time to invest some of that well saved money back into myself. So this month, I have to pay close to 1K for the training I'm currently taking. I'm not sure how this year will be after this training. The path I took a couple of years ago is in some way a never ending story, but since my budget IS an ending story, I'm looking for ways to keep me mindful and healthy whilst at the same time not spending all my hard earned money on it. Maybe I could join other groups or meetings or less costing workshops, or start giving a course myself, who knows. Nothing is really clear on that path but I do want to be in contact with people and try and help people finding their way in life, too.

The second big thing coming up to 'pay' is... well, me, actually. It's time to find my first share on the stock market. With me having read quite a lot about dividend investing and watching a masterclass solely on this subject I will be calculating some options and try and get in just after my Januari salary comes in somewhere around the end of this month. The fun part in all of this, is that my significant other is also reviewing the same things and will also be making her own first steps in stocks. We are both very curious about all of this and I wonder where this will take us.

Actually, what is going on here, is that I'm currently investing in me, instead of paying of some part of a former part of my life. This has everything to do with me being here, now, enjoying life while simultaneously trying to take care of my future. What a difference that is with one year ago, when I was still over 15K in debt, living in another town with expensive rent, driving an expensive car and struggling to make ends meet. Being able to make such a difference in just one year makes me really curious as to where I could take myself. Yet I'm also very aware that I am only happy with me being really me and not having to put on masks again in my life to pretend to be someone I'm not. In the end I think I might have been trying to be the wrong me all along and I'm quite done with that.

So this year is about investing. Investing in myself but also investing in thoughts and possibilities and pathways I could take. I kind of feel an urge to get fast-forward on things while I'm ahead of the game now. Brave words while I've got no clue where to go just yet, but I feel more energy on New Things To Come. Staying put, below the radar and whine with the rest of the world doesn't sound appealing anymore, I want to enjoy and be in line with myself!

Now I honestly hope I can stop whining here and provide some real life content here...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment